Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Why can’t everything just work out as planned?

I understand that no matter what day you pick for your wedding, isn’t going to work for everyone else. What can you do? You pick, hold your breath and hope that it works for as many people as possible. Well, what do you do when the date you pick is a problem for ½ of the groom’s family? Do you keep your original date and hope for rain or do you suck it up and try to change it? We are looking at plan B.

After a Labor Day weekend wedding we caught complete hell over the wedding date we picked, as it falls right in the middle of harvest. Quite a few people made it a point to let us know that unless it rained, they wouldn’t be attending. Now besides the fact that you can walk up and tell someone that is beyond me, but as soon becoming part of this family the last thing I want to do it make it impossible for them to attend.

So bright and early this am I started calling. Started with the Days Inn to see how booked September was looking and if there was a chance that a day early in the month would open up. September 12 is looking available, and how about August. Last I checked it looked like all the weekends in August were going to fill up just as quick. Nope the 22nd and the 29th are free. Checked with the church soon after that and those dates are free there as well.

Now we are juggling around the end of August. I worry that if we shoot for the 12th of September everyone will be able to get in the field early next year and will be ready to go by that time. Then I will look back and wish I wouldn’t have switched the date at all. I have already gone thru this once, picking a date calling back and fourth to my mother and asking what I should do. Now I find myself going thru it all again. word to the wise…if someone tells you their wedding date, congratulate them and move on with your life. If you can make it great, if you cant, that sucks and I am sure they will miss you.

No comments: