Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Dress

Still no luck. Since my last post I have hit up 2 more dress shops in Sioux Falls. I am definitely not worried that I am going to run out of time. Looking at the calendar, I still have just over 11 months until the big day.

But nothing is just jumping out at me. Everything is just ok. Yep, that one is fine to. I keep going back to the same style which I think is good, but not getting that feeling that everyone says you have. I am more worried that I am not going to find anything in SF. I really don’t want to have to travel much over an hour to find a dress. Especially if I am not 100% sure about it. How many times do you want to take that trip to see it again?

I went with one of my bridesmaids and tried on probably 15 dresses at the interlude. All similar style and it was either too much beading, not enough beading, too much lace, or just ugly once it was off the rack. So I turn to Emily and ask, did you get that feeling? Did you know it was the one? “Yes,” she said “I did.”

Sunday mom, Amy (Luke’s gf), and I made our way to David’s bridal. I have heard from a ton of people that this is the place to go. That is where I got my dress, and my 19 friends found them there too. Me…HA not a chance. But, we had a great time. The nice thing about David’s is that they have 40 dresses in YOUR size. You don’t have to imagine how it is going to look on or when you can finally get it zipped. They ALL FIT! We tried everything. Strapless, halter, straps, the gigantic poufy Cinderella dresses. I was still able to eliminate a lot of the styles that I didn’t really like, but a lot of people say to have an open mind when you try them on. So I did and we tried them all!

One thing that I have learned from dress shopping is that I need to have a GREAT personal attendant. These dresses weight a ton, are super bulky, and somehow I have to get in one with my hair and makeup all done up and then keep it perfect while throwing 30 pound dress over my head. Now taking applications for a professional personal attendant!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hun,,,,I like you best with no dress . Love Your Randy.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.