Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Gym

So after trying on my dress again on Sunday, I discovered a few things...

1. Technically it fits. It zips and that's about all.
2. There is no room for me to wear the dress and breathe.
3. There is no room for me to wear the dress and eat.
4. I need to go back to weight watchers
5. I need to join the gym

So new week...new game plan. Last year at this time I joined weight watchers. The program was easy to follow and by August 2008 I was feeling pretty good. Kept most of the weight off until about a month ago and I have packed 5 pounds back on. When you have a wedding dress bought and a wedding in 4 months...5 pounds is a big deal.

I started back to weight watchers on Tuesday. I am still under goal, but I have about 10 pounds that I want to lose so my dress fits comfortably. I started pushing myself again on fruits and whole grains, less snacking, and less bud light!

A big thing that weight watchers pushes is activity. Weird, don't you hear that all the time. Be active, get your butt off the couch. So, I joined PowerShop Gym. I figured this HAS to work. We are going to go to Texas in June, I want to feel good going down the Guadalupe River and by August I want my dress to fit...great.

Tonight was my first night...cardio pump. What an ass kicking! My arms still feel like noodles and I am told that tomorrow when I get out of bed...well it might be a little difficult.

Wish me luck that this works!

No comments: