Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wedding Weekends

Wow! I have been pretty rotten keeping you all updated on wedding planning. No updates in almost a month. I think that is a blogging no, no.

I guess there really isn’t anything too exciting to report. Between Randy traveling and other weddings to go to our weekends have stayed busy heading into fall. Usually fall means things start to slow down and for sure wedding season is over.

Not exactly on our calendar. 2 weeks ago we had a wedding for some friends down in Sioux Falls, Ryan & Ashley. Randy missed it, as he was in San Diego for work. Yeah, don’t feel too bad for him! For October it was a beautiful day. Their colors were brown and cream and it was very fitting with fall in the air. The reception and dance followed and I think the best part of the evening, was the food. Instead of regular meat and potatoes…it was a taco bar! I loved it, different, unique, and it was really good. Sorry folks, don’t expect anything too unique and exciting for our meal!!

The dance was a blast and with open bar and my brother, mom, another friend Jane, and I bartending, well people were getting more than they paid for! By the end of the night, no one really needed another drink, so anyone reading this…sorry to say, you pretty much just got pop! Ha Ha, jokes on you!

Last weekend, another wedding. Again in Sioux Falls, and again the same colors. The church they were married in was gorgeous. It is pretty new on the west side of Sioux Falls. A lot of the design reminded me of St. Thomas Moore. Looking around at everything, I think I have decided that when it comes to church decorations, less is more. I like the idea of letting people enjoy the beauty of the church. Chances are you won’t be there again, so why not enjoy your time during the wedding, watching the wedding, not checking out the decorations.

The reception and dance were at the all occasions event center in Tea. Hy-Vee got it right with this place. You write them 1 check and they pretty much do everything else. Cater, decorate, serve, tear down and clean up. The dance was fun, but seemed to fizzle out quickly and most of the guests were gone by 10 or 10:30. HEADS UP PEOPLE…I want a fun dance! I want everyone dancing and having fun. If you don’t dance, please stay and hang out. Have a drink, talk to my family, Randy’s family, friends, the wait staff, bartender, I don’t care, just PLEASE DON’T LEAVE EARLY!!! This was one of the main reasons we wanted to have the reception and dance at a hotel. People will have no excuse for leaving early to drive home. Get a hotel and stay the night!!

No comments: