Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Photographer: Check!

Friday was a big day. We went ahead and booked out photographer.

Over the last month I have been checking out every photographer from here to Sioux City, IA to northern Minnesota. Everyone I really like is way too expensive and everyone that seems to have ok pictures ends up being affordable.

The photographer we chose is Erin Smith, Life in Picture Photography. She is from Arlington, SD and works part time at Harold’s in the portrait studio and is just starting up her own photography business. I met with her about a month ago as we both really like the pictures she had posted on her blog site, she was also relatively inexpensive, and we soon found out she didn’t have a whole lot of experience. After meeting with her, we still liked her work, but I wanted to look around and see if I could find someone with a few more weddings under their belt.

So, what changed our, or my mind? It seems like since we got engaged, so did ½ the people at the bank. As we started talking dresses, flowers, and pictures, I kept mentioning Erin’s name. Most of the people ended up checking her site and asking for pricing information because, they too liked her work. Well, it occurred to me. I keep telling all of these people about this photographer, why don’t I have her booked? Or what am I going to do when I am finally ready to book her and then she already has a wedding that day? There isn’t anyone else we really like.

I talked to Randy, and he said was ready to book her 2 months ago. So I did. I signed the contract wrote her a check and dropped it in the mail. It feels really good to know that the photographer is booked. We are getting a good price and she is all ours for the ENTIRE day. She comes with me to the salon and will stay as long into the dance as we want her too.

I am excited. Having her booked, lets me cross one more thing off my list. Now, we move onto our DJ…

No comments: