Thursday, October 16, 2008

Limos, cakes, photographers…oh my!

So if a person didn’t come up with enough ideas on their own on how to spend money at their wedding, they have bridal shows to help you out. Mom, Amy and I hit up a show in Sioux Falls a couple weeks. It was interesting. Limos, cakes, wine, photographers…oh my!

Within the last month there have been 2 bridal shows in Sioux Falls. Got to go. Chances to win prizes, money, all sorts of stuff. Most of all I have been interested in the photographers and DJs. One of my websites sent me and email the other day. It basically reminds me how many days left until the wedding. This week it told me that I am 10 months 2 weeks and some amount of days away, until the big day.

I need to pick a photographer. So we wondered thru the 7 or 8 isles of wedding stuff and talked to a few people. We check out their pictures, then their pricing, picked up our jaws off the floor and moved on.

I had no idea wedding pictures were going to cost so much money. I want someone that is good, but I don’t want to have to spend a fortune. After all how often do you look at your wedding album and wedding pictures? Especially after you have kids, how many pictures of your wedding do you keep on the wall? And we keep looking….

Another thing that we are looking into is having someone come in and help us decorate. The one problem with the Days Inn is that you can only get in at noon on the day of your event to decorate. Oh yeah, how in the world are you suppose to get that done during, hair, pictures, and all the other preparations that are going to go into that day.

I have talked with a couple of people who do the decorating for you. You rent your centerpieces, candles, coffee beans, whatever you want from them. But the best part is that they come in and talk care of everything for you. You tell them what you want, pick it out and you are done. No one has to haul everything around make sure it gets there and is set up and hold their breath that we are going to like it.

Still need to work out some of the details and talk to a few more people, but for a couple hundred bucks I think this might be the way to go. The last thing I want is for people to worry about how it is going to look and if we are going to like and to hurry up and get it done to try and make the 2:30 wedding. I want everyone to just relax and just have fun.

No comments: