Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dress Shopping

So, with weddings on Saturdays and other events filling up our weekends, I have been trying to find some time to dress shop. Most of the places I go remind me that I want to order my dress about 6 months out. That gives time for them to make it and gives me a couple months for alterations.

I have been looking….and looking…..and looking. I have found some dresses that I like, but they are just ok. By far not the one I see myself getting married in.

At Ryan’s wedding few weeks ago we were hanging out at the dance. I looked at my mom and I told her that tomorrow would be the day. I had checked enough places and we were going to find my dress that Sunday.

The next morning, we showered up and headed to the French Door in Sioux Falls. Amy was coming with again, and I guess Luke had no better options and he showed up too. I grabbed a bunch in the style I have liked. Strapless with a wrap or gather around the waist. Some had a little beading, others had a lot with lace and whatever and I was trying them all on. I found one I liked. It has some beading, a wrapped waist, diamond white and a corset back. Yes…put this one on my list of likes. I also grabbed 1 that wasn’t really like anything I had tried before. It was fabric at the top with a little beading and then a different beaded design down to my waist. It wasn’t the right one for me. The beading stopped in a weird spot on my waist and I just didn’t like it.

The sales lady, Monica, pulled out another one that was similar. A little more deal, and more beads, but it again stopped in that weird spot. I said nah, and had her put it back on the rack. Amy, Luke’s girlfriend, was with us again and just didn’t like that I put that dress away. She grabbed it off the rack and said this one is really pretty; you just need to try it. Before I even had a chance to disagree she had it out of the bag and in my dressing room.

Oh man, I might owe her big time. Unfortunately this dress didn’t zip all the way up, but everything else about it was pretty much perfect. I really, really, really like this one. There is just enough beading, but not too much, and the train is absolutely beautiful. It is beaded all the way down the back and around. I just really liked this one. At one point I looked back at my brother and said “Hey, what do you think?” “That one is pretty nice,” he said, “I really like it.” Man if you can get approval from your brother that you look good, it must look good!

I wanted to try on the other one that I had liked. So, I put that one back on, had her tie me back in the first one. Oh, it was really pretty too. I danced around the mirror for 10 minutes or so and then asked to put the other one back on. (Oh, she had to be glad to see me go!) As I walked out of the dressing room and caught myself in a mirror across the room. Oh man, it looked sooooo pretty! I may have started crying in the store. So here I am tearing up in the store with my mom, my brother and his girlfriend.

After that Monica asked me what was keeping me from ordering the dress today. Basically it comes down to this. I only plan on getting 1 wedding dress. I want to try on everything. Every style, every designer, everything.

I have 1 more store to hit up in Sioux Falls and then I will be out of places to go in the area. I want to be able to go in and try it on again if I want to, so I don’t want to find something in the cities or anywhere that is too far of a drive. I want to be able to go in and look at it when ever I want. However, this one, well it just might be the one.

No comments: