Thursday, October 16, 2008

DIY Project #2

I wouldn’t call myself a do-it-yourself bride at all. Everything that I thought that I might want to make, I have decided that it would be easier and really not much more expensive to have someone else take care of it. Take invitations for example. By the time you buy the 2 or 3 different kinds of paper, ink for your printer or pay someone to have them printed, ribbon or any extras, and the time it will take to put 200+ invitations together. I can go to a place in Sioux Falls and have them printed, assembled, and ready to go for about $100 more. Sold.

There are a few projects that I am going to tackle on my own. People are probably looking at my heading on this one and saying when did I miss project #1? DIY project #1 is how I asked my bridesmaids to be in the wedding. Since I haven’t asked them all yet, I can’t tell you how I did it. Stay tuned for pictures, as I will share later!!

So, project #2
About 2 years ago, we were down and Randy’s cousin’s wedding in Iowa. There is always the lag time between the bride and groom arriving, food being served, etc. Anyone under the age or probably 10 has an attention span of what 5 minutes? At this wedding each kid was given a coloring book and 4 crayons. I can’t speak for everyone, but I know for the 2 girls at my table, it definitely kept them busy for awhile.

This is something I can tackle. I have prices out crayons, and printing a few coloring sheets, cheap. I think it will be something nice to have for smaller children to keep them busy when their parents have run out of ideas on what to keep them occupied with. I have also thought of going one step further and making a small activity kit. It would just include a few more things, stickers, crayons, and whatever else I can find.

This is something that I can work on now. I have found some pictures to use and some little mazes and matching games to put in the book. I am going to start getting some things printed, work on a cover and find my cheapest place to buy crayons!

No comments: