Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Invitations

Randy and I sat down on Friday night and made a to do list. Stuff that he can work on with out me and a heads up that there are a few things that I will need his help on in the next few months. Now he knows, no surprises. Invitations – well that was something just on my list as he said he trusted me completely on what I liked.

Monday I left work early to head to Sioux Falls and pick out invitations. As I write this, I know that you all are thinking – wow she doesn’t have invitations picked out yet. Ya, I know. The pressure has been building and as the months, weeks and days grow closer to the wedding I am realizing very quickly that I have a lot to do.

Invitations first on the list. I have been collection invites from past weddings I have gone to, some I have seen on my friend’s fridge and they have saved for me. I had a good idea of what I wanted when I headed down, just a matter of if what I wanted fitted into the budget. Invites are great and something you must have, but after the wedding they get trashed. How much should you really spend?

We looked at several options and variations on the idea I had in my head. Prices ranged anywhere from $1.00 to whatever you wanted to spend. I said $5.00 would be my absolute max and didn’t really want to spend that much. Think about it 250 invitations at $5.00 a piece. We would be looking at $1250 on invitations + tax + assembly. NO THANK YOU!

The one I decided on is $1.92 per invite. We are going to do the assembly and addressing ourselves which saves some money. They are black with lime green and white paper with black font and a polka dot ribbon. You will see them all soon. Mock up takes about 1 week and to save a little time, they are going to email me the final draft. Once we give the final approval and number to make, they only take about a week to print.

Check invites off the list!

No comments: