Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bridal Shower

My first bridal shower was a HUGE SUCCESS! I had a great turnout and a wonderful time. It was great seeing friends and relatives that we usually only see a couple times a year. My family came, my aunt and cousin from Atlanta came, and Randy’s mom and sisters all came. It was great.

It was a Mexican fiesta so everyone was offered a margarita when they arrived. We sat around and visited for awhile then played a game. How well does everyone know Randy and Mary? My hostesses had contacted Randy to get some little details about himself that everyone may not know. Who likes ketchup on their ketchup? Randy. Who has road rage? Mary. Who pushed their sibling into a coffee table causing stitches? Mary. Whose mom was sick during pregnancy? Randy. But found out that she wasn’t really that sick, just sicker than she was with the other pregnancies.

We all enjoyed a taco bar then it was time to open gifts. I got so many nice things, I just cant believe it. I was little worried as so many people I talked to warned me that people buy what they want, not really what is on your registry. Not true for my guests. Everyone stuck to the registry and I have a whole lot of new stuff to break in.

They day really was perfect. At the end I tried to get up and tell everyone how grateful I was that everyone was able to come. I know how busy summer gets with activities and running here and there and it meant a lot to me that everyone took time out of their day for me. I have been invited to a lot of showers and it was a totally different feeling having all those people there for me. The presents the recipes…all for me. I was very touched and felt very fortunate to have the friends and family that I have. I love you guys!

A day like that doesn’t just happen however. I had some great hostesses that put a lot of time and effort into making the day what it was. Dawn, Jane, Donna, and Katie – thank you, thank you, thank you! You gave me the perfect non bridal shower…shower!!!

No comments: