Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bridesmaids

When we got engaged first thing I wanted to do was start asking everyone to be in the wedding. Everything I read said to wait...think about who is really important in your life and be sure that is who you want to stand up with you.

The other thing that I wanted, was to make it special. I didn't want to call up these people and say, hey what are you doing August 29th? I wanted to do something different if at all possible.

So I found a couple of poems on the Internet. They talked about being friends, sharing memories, etc. Perfect, but I needed to add my own touch. So I incorporated our wedding colors and a bottle of champagne.

The reason it took me so long to post this is because I did get excited and ask a few people. I asked Emily right away to be a bridesmaid and had a little too much to drink on Halloween and asked her to be my maid of honor. Kelly knew I was going to do this for all my bridesmaids, so I asked her on New Years Eve. Either way I wanted to do something for each of them. So, finally everyone has received their bottle of champagne and is in the wedding party



No comments: